Lost Surf School General Terms and Conditions of Sale
General terms and conditions of sale for surf school services
The prices listed on the website www.lostsurfschool.com or on other communication media published by Lost Surf School are in Euros and are inclusive of all taxes (VAT). They may be modified at any time and without notice. The price is payable in full on the day of the order. The prices applied are those in effect at the time of the order, subject to typographical error or change in the French VAT rate. Any change in this rate would then be immediately reflected in the sale prices.
Registration / Booking
Except for private lessons, courses and lessons are designed and organized for a minimum of 3 people. Depending on the type of service and the period, registration can be done:
– Online through the website www.lostsurfschool.com
– At the counter of the cabin located at the plage de l’Agréou at Penon, Seignosse
– At the store Lost south Central located 92 avenue des rémouleurs in Soorts Hossegor
– By phone
– By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is only final upon receipt of full payment of the service price (see "proposed payment methods").
Lost Surf School might offer special booking conditions, including the payment of a deposit, with the subsequent payment of the balance for validation of the registration.
Wire transfer at Lost Surf School BPSO Hossegor
IBAN : FR76 1090 7000 2046 0215 6914 415
BIC / SWIFT : CCBPFRPPBDX
Credit card (between July and August)
Any financial charges (bank charges related to the exchange rate, bank commissions for payment transactions made outside the issuing territory of the credit card, other bank commissions, etc.) possibly related to payments will remain the responsibility of the customer.
– Cancellation by the client
Any course started is due and an early departure cannot give rise to a refund request. No refund will be made, except in the case of course cancellation due to a medical problem. In this case, the request must be justified by the production of a medical certificate. The refund will be made by bank transfer, no later than 15 days after receipt of the client's RIB.
– Cancellation by us
In the event of bad weather conditions (including thunderstorms, rough seas, pollution, etc.), the courses that cannot be carried out within the framework of the subscribed service will be replaced by substitute activities or postponed to a later date, in agreement with the student.
In the event of impossibility of replacement or postponement, the entire canceled session will be refunded to the client. The refund will be made by bank transfer, no later than 2 days after receipt of the client's RIB.
A detailed invoice will be sent to the customer upon request made to Lost Surf School 92, avenue des rémouleurs 40150 Soorts-Hossegor or email@example.com.
Responsibility of the structure
Minors taken care of by Lost Surf School are under the responsibility of their instructors exclusively during the reserved time slot. This includes the duration of the lesson and the time for the allocation and return of equipment. They will be under the responsibility of their parents or guardians again at the end of the relevant service. Before leaving their child, parents must ensure that the service is taking place and that the instructor is present.
The civil liability of Lost Surf School concerns their customers and ceases outside the reserved time slots for the service. It is strongly recommended that customers do not leave any items in the changing rooms (money, watch, phone, etc.). Lost Surf School declines all responsibility in the event of breakage, loss or theft during the services.
By registering for Lost Surf School services, adults, minors and parents accept the risks associated with surfing in normal conditions of practice. They undertake in particular to be able to swim 25 meters, to be able to put their head underwater and to have no contraindication to surfing.
Lost Surf School ensure the transportation of trainees in compliance with current regulations.
- Driver with necessary license and under the vehicle's insurance coverage
- Respect for the maximum number of passengers
- Clean and well-maintained vehicle (mandatory inspections)
The client is the sole judge of their ability to use the rented equipment. They agree to use it cautiously in accordance with current regulations. The equipment is the responsibility of the client during the rental period and until it is effectively returned.
The client must provide a deposit payable by cash or by leaving their credit card details.
The rental begins when the client takes possession of the equipment.
The equipment must be returned at the end of the rental period at the rental point. The following specific terms must be respected:
- 2 hour rental: any board rented on the same day, after 6:45 PM, must be returned the next day at 9:00 AM
- Half-day rental is from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM or from 1:00 PM to 9:00 AM (For example, if rented on Saturday at 2:30 PM, it must be returned on Sunday at 9:00 AM at the latest.)
- For the "24 hour" rental, it must be returned the next day at the same time.
- For the weekly rental, it must be returned on the same day of the following week at the same time.
Any delay in returning the equipment will be charged according to the rental regulations.
Failure to return the equipment, whatever the reason, will result in the deposit being cashed.
Any equipment offered for rent is recognized to be taken in good condition and must be returned as such. Any damage, regardless of the cause, will result in the payment of the rental amount plus the amount indicated on the rental regulations.
The personal data provided by the client is not disclosed to third parties except for the payment platform for securing and insuring online payments. In accordance with law 78-17 of January 6, 1978, the client has the right to access and rectify their data at any time. To exercise this right, simply contact Lost Surf School by postal mail. In accordance with the Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, you have the right to access, rectify, and oppose all of your personal data at any time by contacting us by postal mail.
General rental regulations
Object of the contract
The "surfboard, SUP, bodyboard, and wetsuit rental" service is offered by Lost Surf School. The rental conditions are an integral part of the rental contract. By signing, the tenant confirms having read and fully accepted the rental conditions and the damage sheet.
General terms and conditions
- To take possession of the equipment, the renter must present an identification document.
- Rental is prohibited for minors under 18 years old who are not accompanied by a legal representative.
- When the lessor provides the equipment to the renter, a deposit is required. This deposit is refunded to the renter upon return of the equipment, with any damages deducted. In case of non-return of the equipment, an invoice for the equivalent amount of the purchase price of the equipment is sent to the borrower.
- In case of late return of the rented equipment, a fee of 10€ per hour of delay will be charged.
- The client is obliged to return the equipment to the lessor at the end of the rental period defined in the contract, in good condition.
- Rental takes effect from the moment the renter takes possession of the equipment.
- The renter acknowledges having received the equipment in good condition, undertakes to use it carefully, and to pay for any damages caused according to the applicable rates (see damage sheet).
- The client is responsible for any damage, theft, or loss of the rented equipment.
- If following an accident or illness, the renter is unable to return the rented equipment, they will do so through a third party.
- By express agreement between the parties, the loan or sublease of the equipment is strictly prohibited.
- The renter confirms that they are covered by liability insurance.
- The lessor is not responsible for any objects entrusted to them, in case of damage, loss or theft, among other things.
Special terms and conditions
– The lessor is not responsible for the conditions in which the renter uses the equipment.
- The lessor informs the client of the special conditions relating to the use of the equipment, which the client acknowledges having been informed of and undertakes to respect.
- The client must be able to swim at least 25 meters without stopping and pass the aquatic comfort test.
- The client must have informed themselves of the possible difficulties and dangers of the environment.
Insurance and liability
Under Articles 1383 and 1384 of the Civil Code, the renter will be held responsible for any damage caused to third parties. For any board or equipment rented, the renter is always deemed responsible for any bodily and/or material damage that they may cause to third parties in connection with the use of the equipment provided. However, the renter cannot be held responsible for the damaging consequences of hidden defects in the rented equipment or non-apparent wear and tear unsuitable for the intended use, provided that proof of such defects or wear and tear can be provided by the renter. The renter must be insured and undertakes to contact their insurance company for any damage caused to third parties arising from their use of the rented equipment.
By signing the rental agreement, the renter confirms that they have been made aware of the risks associated with the activity. Except in cases of force majeure, any accidents must be reported as soon as possible, no later than within 24 hours.
– Broken/lost fin: 10€
- Broken/lost leash: 15€
- Any damage to an Evolutive board: 50€
- Evolutive board broken in two parts or lost: 280€
- Any damage to an Expert board: 100€
- Expert board broken in two parts or lost: 550€
– Torn : 30€
– Lost : 70€
– Broken / lost fins: 30€
- Broken / lost leash: 20€
- Any damage to the bodyboard: 80€
- Bodyboard broken in two parts or lost: 110€
– Broken / lost fin: 15€
- Broken / lost leash: 20€
- Broken / lost paddle: 80€
- Any damage to a SUP: 90€
- SUP broken in two parts or lost: 550€